Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Case of the Tuesdays

I hate Tuesdays. I have no idea why. Every Tuesday I get lethargic and irritated. Most people speak of having a "case of the Mondays". I suppose what I experience week after week is a case of the Mondays a day late. No chores get accomplished, the baby won't nap, is temperamental and insistent on chewing wires and slapping at the stereo, my husband's work does something ridiculous to him yet again and turns his disposition foul, the dishes in the sink are breeding, the laundry room explodes at some point during the day, none of my projects will ever be finished and if they are they'll all be lopsided and non-reparable,  it's raining or snowing or sleeting, and I'm probably guaranteed to stub my toe on a Tuesday. Get my drift? I feel so awful on Tuesdays that I don't even want to go to yoga in the evening.

So today, on this typical Tuesday, I've decided that I need a Tuesday ritual. Perhaps Tuesdays should be library, coffee shop, farmer's market, park days? Or I could take a morning yoga class to get my energy up and feel revitalized? Or have Tuesdays be my day to clean the house- nothing is more appealing than a clean house. It certainly needs it most on Tuesdays. 

For now I'll sit and ponder... oh, never mind, I must go rescue the stereo. Maybe the baby is ready for his nap now...

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment