Monday, September 14, 2009

So... what's new?

What's new?
Lots.
So much going on right now I don't have the time to be a dedicated blogger. 
Let me explain.
No, there is too much, let me sum up.

*
Yoga Sunsations was featured in a blog: Check it out here -- http://topetsyfinds.blogspot.com/2009/08/repurposed-yoga-strap-and-handle-in.html
Woohoo!! 
*
I also made a sale, woohoo! First Etsy sale, calls for a celebration!! 
Pretty, isn't it? I thought so too. And someone else thought so too! Happiness all around.
*
JET is keeping me on my toes. He'll be a year old in early October (!), but he's been walking for almost 2 months now, so he's moved on to the more dangerous-make-my-heart-skip-a-beat types of activities like climbing and "running" (perhaps a better word is "zooming") and grabbing at anything within finger tips reach. It's exhausting, but I love being a mommy! He's a funny little person with a charming disposition and only the occasional tantrum now that he's mastered the zoom. Those mainly come out when you request he refrain from zooming. Stillness is devastating. 
*
I'm opening another Etsy shop. This one is just for whatever I happen to be in the mood to make but have no practical purpose for. It's just going up under my seller name and can be found here -- jessmturner.etsy.com . Nothing for sale yet, but I've already found a talented model for all the lovely little things I have just waiting to go up! 
*
I'm turning into a crochet maniac. Seriously. I have 5, maybe 6 projects I'm in the midst of with no end in sight. My (minimal) free time is spent searching for more patterns and projects. I have an afghan I'm making that was Anthropologie inspired -- http://search.anthropologie.com/?q=carnival+throw&international=false 
though I'm doing mine up however I like. It's really just a patchwork blanket that should be done in time for the cold weather we experience in Rockford (ugh). Red, Burgundy, Navy Blue, Cream and Brown are the colors selected to match our bedroom, and they are a delight! My favorite part is the hexagon "squares" I made, following a pattern from a blogger named Lucy at Attic24 -  http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/hexagon-howto.html
Love, love, love crochet!! 
*
My husband and I are also active members in our church - www.hopeinrockford.com. He's the official/unofficial leader in all of our community outreach projects we do in an effort to show the love of Jesus to those around us. Next up is a food drive for the local homeless shelter - www.rockfordrescuemission.org - and after that a Fall (though I prefer the word "Autumn", sounds cozier and a bit more important) Service Day, where a group of us go around the neighborhood raking up leaves in yards whose occupants are incapable (from lack of time, lack of motivation, lack of youth, lack of health, etc) of raking themselves. Just a random act of kindness sort of thing. Gotta love those! Don't you wish you had us walking down your street with rakes in hand right after your lovely maple tree dumped it's leaves off on your grass. :)
*
So between the yoga, the Etsy, the babe, the crochet, the church and the husband, and not to mention all the social functions we got going on, I'm SWAMPED! And pooped! Whew! Good day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment